[Uml-devel] Problem configuring kdesdk

Heiko Nardmann heiko.nardmann at onlinehome.de
Fri Sep 10 15:18:09 UTC 2004

Hi!

I have a problem configuring kdesdk CVS head.

I get the following message:

checking for KDE paths... defaults
checking for dcopidl... /opt/kde3/bin/dcopidl
checking for dcopidl2cpp... /opt/kde3/bin/dcopidl2cpp
checking for mcopidl... /opt/kde3/bin/mcopidl
checking for artsc-config... /opt/kde3/bin/artsc-config
checking for meinproc... /opt/kde3/bin/meinproc
checking for kconfig_compiler... /opt/kde3/bin/kconfig_compiler
checking for dcopidlng... /opt/kde3/bin/dcopidlng
checking for makekdewidgets... not found
configure: error: The important program makekdewidgets was not found!
Please check whether you installed KDE correctly.

The check for makekdewidgets is only run when configure assumes to have KDE
3.3. This decision is based on the fact that I have installed Qt 3.3. But my
KDE is only 3.2.1. So the acinclude.m4 file is wrong here.

What to do?

I changed line 593 in admin/acinclude.m4.in to

               if test "$kde_qtsubver" -le 3; then

but I do not think that this is a correct solution. There should be a better
way used to detect currently used KDE version.

--
Heiko Nardmann