[Uml-devel] (forw) Modelling a database using Umbrello

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 7 00:37:03 UTC 2004

Mmm.
 From pages like
http://www.techonline.com/community/tech_topic/uml/20722 and
http://www.agiledata.org/essays/umlDataModelingProfile.html it seems
that one could use it to a reasonable extend for DB modeling.
I had tried that a while ago, and Umbrello lacks stereotypes for
attributes in classes, so that one could mark some attributes as PK or
FK. also, in some cases, multiple associations between two classes are
not possible in Umbrello, but may be needed  in DB modeling.

But I don't think Umbrello is so far off being very useful for DB modeling.

--Pascal