[Uml-devel] Umbrello

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri May 28 05:27:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 01:40:49PM +0200, Frederic Mantegazza wrote:

> I'm working in a french research institue, and I develop software (mainly in
> python) for driving big instruments.
>
> I started to use umbrello, as it is now a really powerfull alternative to
> other UML editors (free and commercial), such ArgoUML or Visual Paradigm
> (my prefered).

Thanks.  Umbrello is far form perfect we know so all comments and of
course patches are welcome.

Can we add your institute to http://uml.sourceforge.net/users.php ?

> There still are some little bugs, and umbrello sometimes crashes.

All too many I suspect.

> I have a question: if I make a class (abstract or not), and then generalized
> this class to another one, I can't see attributes or operations inherited
> ib this new class. Could it be possible to make a entry in the 'Properties'
> dialog to see them ? Like 'Inherited Attributes' and 'Inherited
> Operations'...
>
> These inherited operations are also missing in the 'Select Operation' dialog
> in a sequence diagram; I have to enter a new operation instead of selecting
> one in the 'Class Operation' radio button list entry.

These issues have been pointed out before and I'm sure there are entries
in bugs.kde.org for it although I can't find it just now.