[Uml-devel] 1.1.1 -> 1.2.2 problem

Andrey Kravchuk dushik at trifle.net
Mon May 17 00:29:00 UTC 2004

I have a problem migrating from umbrello 1.1.1 to 1.2.2 as a part of
kdesdk.3.2.2.
When opening 1.1.1 project in 1.2.2 I got "Error loading file". I looked
into xmi file and noticed that it had no

<XMI.exporterEncoding>UnicodeUTF8</XMI.exporterEncoding>

line, everything else was the same in the XMI.header block (well there
were versions also, I've fixed them too). The problem persists.
After that I tried to convert the file into UTF-8 because some
documentation there was in KOI8-R. Opening this time I see some portion
of the project tree in the left panel and then the "Error loading file"
message and then umbrello crashes.

Core was generated by `umbrello'.
Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error.

The same thing happens when I remove all non-ASCII characters from the xmi.

I've installed the last snapshot version of kdesdk but the problem persists.

As far as I can see, no facts about that are in the umbrello bug
database, nor in the FAQ so I need some help converting my project so I
could use it on. I can't use umbrello 1.1.1 due to - naturally - it's
conflict with kdesdk.

--
Best regards, Andrey Kravchuk
Trifle Co. Ltd. +38056 370 19 40