[Uml-devel] Patch: Preserve RoleNames of Association Widgets

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Thu May 13 01:21:02 UTC 2004

Hi,
I created in my project with older versions of umbrello several associations,
where I set the role names A and B. Previously they were stored within the
diagram description corresponding to AssociationWidget as FloatingText.

But since the creation of AssociationEndRole as part of the data
representation ( aka class Association ), the FloatingText Diagram role names
are overwritten by the empty default text in the AssociationEndRole data
entry.

As this overwrite does only happen, if the properties of the association are
edited or one of the association labels is moved, I didn't discover it till
now.

I created a patch, which set the role names ( part of AssociationEndRole  )
during load from xmi.

Maybe the maintainer of this part should erase the double storage of role
names. They are stored both as FloatingText text and as AssociationEndRole
name.

Bye,
Achim