[Uml-devel] array support & C++

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Jun 12 11:22:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 05:56:06PM -0400, myren, lord wrote:
> i've recently fallen in love with umbrello.  UML is delightful.

Cool.

> i believe there is a UML standard for arrays ( [0..*] ). are there any
> plans for the C++ code generator to support this?  if it exists, how do
> i use it?
>
> (id suggest that [0..n] be [n] and [0..*] be vector <type> varname)

You can set a multiplicity of 0..* on an association and in theory the
code generator should pick it up.  The C++ generator can be configured
to work with arrays and vectors or QPtrLists under Configure Umbrello
UML Modeller.

I'm not sure how well it works in practice.

> how active is uml development, if i dare ask?

Umbrello development is all too slow at the moment, me and others seem
quite busy.  Oliver is doing sterling work and should be given a
medal.  We would welcome any contributions.