[Uml-devel] Good or bad: "m_pObject is already set" in UMLWidget::loadFromXMI() ??

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Mon Jul 26 10:07:19 UTC 2004

HI Back from Future ?? ;-)
SpamAssasin voted this email with 2 of 5 Spam points. At least one for the
send time "27.07.2004 04:11"

Am Dienstag, 27. Juli 2004 04:11 schrieb Oliver Kellogg:
> On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 14:09, Achim Spangler wrote:
> > I get this debug message for each usecase and actor widget in my project.
> > As far as I understand the code, it's good that m_pObject is set at the
> > time of calling.
> >
> > Or is this a sign for a wrong constructor call?
>
> Thanks for reminding me, this is something I want to resolve
> in time for 1.3.
>
> It's somewhat similar to the excess UMLWidget::adjustAssocs() -
> not hazardous, just superfluous calls.
I looked yesterday into the code - and found _no_ unneded calls!!
I checked especially for usecasewidget and actorwidget.

Your debug message is written in UMLWidget::loadFromXMI().
The indicated setting of m_pObject is performed in the standard constructor
which is called by the UMLView::loadWidgetFromXMI()
widget = new UseCaseWidget(this, static_cast<UMLUseCase*>(o));
=> the parameter "o" is responsible for setting of m_pObject

Additionally, I see no other line in UMLWidget::loadFromXMI(), where m_pObject
would be set _normally_ .

So Oliver please enlighten me - which calls are unneded and where should
m_pObject  be set during load?

Bye,
Achim