(forw) Re: [Uml-devel] Two small bugs

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Fri Jul 23 06:35:11 UTC 2004

----- Forwarded message from Achim Spangler <Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de> -----

From: Achim Spangler <Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de>
Subject: Re: [Uml-devel] Two small bugs
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:35:54 +0200
To: Sebastian Stein <seb.stein at hpfsc.de>

Am Freitag, 23. Juli 2004 12:47 schrieb Sebastian Stein:
> Achim Spangler <Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de> [040722 18:54]:
> > a) "Save as.."
> >   If I use the "Save as.." dialog to overwrite another foo.xmi file,
> >   umbrello writes a new file foo.xmi.xmi
> >   -> umbrello doesn't detect, that the filename has already the
> >        currently selected filetype and appends the active filetype
> >        a second time
>
> I can't reproduce it. Are you saving to a filesystem where XMI and xmi is
> the same, maybe on a Win or Samba share?
>
> I created a new document and saved it as test.xmi. Then I clicked ones
> again "save as" and entered test.xmi. It overwrites the file. I also closed
> Umbrello and restarted, created a new document and saved it as test.xmi. No
> other extension was added.
Funny - this is probably a Qt problem.
My filesystem is a normal Reiserfs - i.e. Linux native.
The resulting file is then "foo.xmi.xmi" .

Maybe a little nifty difference:
I selected the filename for overwrite by selection of the entry in the file
list. The input field for the file type isn't edited by me - stays at default
"xmi".
I detected this problem right after the new fine feature of different file
types. But I'm not shure if this was parallel to my system change from
Mandrake to Debian.

> > b) colour pipette
> >   If I want to take the color of another diagram element with the colour
> >    pipette, umbrello takes a complete wrong colour value.
> >    The colour which is then selected in the colour selection dialog
> >    isn't used by any diagram element - so it does not take the colour of
> > a wrong item.
> >
> >    Is it possible, that there a some calculation problems?
>
> I can't reproduce this as well. I think the color dialog is a KDE standard
> dialog and the pipette as well. This means if there is a bug, it might be a
> general KDE problem. I tried a little bit and every time the pipette choose
> the right color and this color was applied to the element when I clicked
> ok.
This seem to also a Qt or KDE-Libs problem.
Interestingly the pipette take the color "#C54041" from a WHITE area.
This colour is - by accident? - comparable to the colour of my mouse pointer
scheme - big red symbols.
I checked for some colours, if there is some sort of constant shift.
Nothing found.

My system is debian ( based on Knoppix ) with libqt-3.3.2pre2 ( it was
required by ./configure in the kdesdk CVS base directory ).
kdelibs4 is at kdelibs4/testing uptodate 4:3.2.3-2

Do you have another Qt version?

Maybe some other users with comparable system settings can reproduce this
problem.
So long - these two problems don't affect my work.

Bye,
Achim

----- End forwarded message -----

--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren, Neuseeland,