[Uml-devel] High CPU load even in idle state ( hidden, no action is running )

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Wed Jul 21 09:24:04 UTC 2004

Hi,
as my project grew some more, I have a very high CPU load even in idle state
( means: no action like save/load/print, no display, no editing, just keep
alive while some other application in another workspace is active ).

Has anybody an idea which function is regularly called, so that such a high
load could happen?

Does anybody know a tool, which could help me to detect the functions which
are active at a specific time ( at best with percent of load ).
Is there a better way than starting umbrello in kdbg and to use its tools?

Important side node:
The memory resources are acceptable medium ( total less than 300MB ).
Also the X11 memory resources are low.

Bye,
Achim