[Uml-devel] Add Attribute for ID of operation in MessageWidget

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Thu Jul 15 13:54:02 UTC 2004

Hi,
as I was working on the message widget, I decided to add a feature which I was
missing for a long time:
the message widgets are not bound to the operation via the ID
==> if the operation gets renamed or the signature is changed,
       this change can't be reflected in teh sequence diagram

Now I added an attribute to the MessageWidget class, and implemented the
corresponding actions for save and load.

Additionally the loadFromXMI tries to detect the ID of "old-style" XMI files
by searching all items in the classifier list of the connected class.

The handling function for the operation selection in FloatingText tries also
to find the ID of the given operation signature. If the ID is found, the ID
is set in the MessageWidget.

QUESTION:
How can I register an automatic update of the message widget text in case an
operation is renamed?

I found no corresponding slot functions in classwidget.h and
classifierwidget.h .
How are the operation name changed on rename event?

I tried to clean out all redundand changes from my previous - more important -
diff. But some "+ " lines are still inside - as they are part of a change
block, which is needed.

This diff is _not_ very important.
It's a nice feature addon - but it isn't meant to fix a bug.
The previous patch is instead _very_ important.
If needed - I can make a bugzilla entry, to ease the discussion with the KDE
release team.

Bye,
Achim