[Uml-devel] Umbrello patches

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Jul 5 08:36:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 08:52:31PM +0200, Oliver Kellogg wrote:
> On Sunday, June 20, 2004 5:41 PM, Heiko Nardmann
> <heiko.nardmann at onlinehome.de> wrote:

> > Question: how do I keep patches separate from another? I would like to
> > distinguish between patches for different topics ... any good ideas?
>
> Just putting all the related diffs in a single file has worked fine for me
> so far

Keeping patches for separate features separated helps when testing
features, backporting or removing things from CVS when it turns out that commiting
them was not such a good idea.

It's a lot easier when you have a CVS account, you can commit one
feature then start working on another.

> > What is this '-l' about?

It stops the useless cvs history command logging taking place.

Thanks again for your patches.