[Uml-devel] Re: Thoughts on Umbrello 1.3

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Jan 31 17:01:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 09:09:16PM -0500, Erik Engbrecht wrote:
> Personally, my focus would be on enabling the construction of code
> generators that take a Umbrello's XMI file as input.  Long term, I think
> the focus should be on building a framework for constructing round-trip
> code generators.

I seem to agree with most of what you say.

I'm not sure what the point in generating code from XMI files is
though, we already have code generators for files when they're loaded
in Umbrello.  xmi2code does what you describe already.

We'd welcome any development help.  Be careful if you're looking at
adding tags that it works with the current code generators methods
nicely.

Welcome to the project.