[Uml-devel] Major bug in CVS: cannot change the specifikation of a operation

Torben Nielsen torben at t-hoerup.dk
Tue Jan 27 14:59:23 UTC 2004

Hi,

Somehow a major umbrello-bug has sneaked into CVS (please correct me if the
error is in my setup/build):

For some reason I cannot change the specification of an existing operation.

Whenever I try to do so Umbrello complains with:

<quote>
An operation with that signature already exists in <classname>

Choose a different name or parameter list
</quote>

And if I try to make a overloaded version of an operation Umbrello quits with
a segfault:

0x080ef9ec in UMLClassifier::checkOperationSignature(QString,
QPtrList<UMLAttribute>*) ()

<Backtrace>
(gdb) bt
#0  0x080ef9ec in UMLClassifier::checkOperationSignature(QString,
QPtrList<UMLAttribute>*) ()
#1  0x0814cc54 in UMLDoc::createOperation(UMLClassifier*, QString const&,
QPtrList<UMLAttribute>*) ()
#2  0x0814bebb in UMLDoc::createChildObject(UMLObject*, Uml::UMLObject_Type)
()
#3  0x0821323e in ClassifierListPage::slotNewListItem() ()
#4  0x0821357b in ClassifierListPage::qt_invoke(int, QUObject*) ()
(gdb)
</Backtrace>

Torben