[Uml-devel] future of the omf

Andrew Sutton asutton at cs.kent.edu
Fri Feb 27 07:35:02 UTC 2004

hi all,

thought i'd take some time to share some thoughts with you on the future of my
modeling framework - and yes, it's more of a library than a framework, but
framework sounds nice :)

anyway, i've come across a nice little technology called boost.python that
lets me do some really, really nice stuff. like generate python dynamic
bindings. sweet. anyway, i just thought i'd bounce some thoughts off of you
guys.

i think, for the next couple days, i'm going to play around with a lightweight
uml implementation written using pure boost and stl and, of course, bound to
python. the only problem with writing it this way is that i'm going to lose
the highly generalized type system and the reflective layer that i wrote for
the omf. however, you should be able to use python to "simulate" the
reflective layer because it pulls everything into it's extremely rich, well
tested and graceful type system.

any thoughts?

andy