[Uml-devel] Re: kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed Feb 4 06:27:40 UTC 2004

Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [040204 14:54]:
> > I moved the setModified to removeWidget() and removeAssoc()
> > directly. The problem with this approach is, that you have to click
> > several times undo, after removing a class and some associations. On
> > some undo clicks the user won't see any differences. Please have a
> > look at this. I'm not sure, if I should backport this 3.2.
>
> What's the advantage in this then?

Mmh, yes. If you remove only one widget, setModified() is not called before
my commit. You can test this in 3.2. setModified() was only called, when
several items (multi selection) were removed.

I think this is wrong. There should be only some points, where setModified
is called, because if you add it at every position where something happens,
you will fail to find all those positions. So it is better to have the
setModified() call at the root.

I think we have to find some kind of policy where this should happen. At the
moment there are several calls for the same action, and some actions doesn't
cause a setModified().

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug Reports     : http://bugs.kde.org/
CVS             : kdesdk/umbrello on cvs.kde.org:/home/kde