[Uml-devel] Umbrello UML Modeller 1.2 released

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed Feb 4 01:44:01 UTC 2004

Heiko Nardmann <h.nardmann at secunet.de> [040204 09:58]:
> Another thing: the source package contains Makefile.cvs but no configure.
> Probably this should be the other way round since calling
>
> make -f Makefile.cvs
>
> says:
>
> This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> This will be deleted before making the distribution

Yes, right. The version for KDE 3.1 is not meant to be a real release. It is
just for people who don't want to upgrade to KDE 3.2. Nevertheless, it
shouldn't be a big problem for the user to first do a make -f Makefile.cvs
and start with configure; make; make install after it.

If we prepare a real package, we would have to include all the language
files and so on. This would mean a to restructure the whole package and I
don't think it is worth the effort needed, because most people will upgrade
to KDE 3.2 in the next weeks and Umbrello 1.2 is shipped with it.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug Reports     : http://bugs.kde.org/
CVS             : kdesdk/umbrello on cvs.kde.org:/home/kde