[Uml-devel] Re: kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Tue Apr 27 06:28:04 UTC 2004

Hi Jonathan,
my patch is usable! It produces scaled print ( at least for me ).

IMHO it is better than the previous solution with static distribution of a
diagram to several pages. It provides a fine scaled print for the diagrams of
my project.

But my solution should be extended by the selection of a min fontsize. This
fontsize should be configurable for global umbrello and specific for a
diagram.
TODO for this extension:
1) extend dialogs for global and diagram settings with min fontsize
    ( -> limit scaling so that limit is not underrun; distribute content
           on several pages, if needed )
2) extend classes to reflect this config settings ( like line width )
3) extend print method to reflect the fontsize limit

Maybe we could simply provide a print dialog setting, where the user can
decide between:
+ constant unscaled print with distribution on several pages
+ scaled print to one page

I titled my patch as "rough hack" as it is not quite gentle to deactivate the
distribution to several pages without providing a user selection between both
strategies.

So I suggest to ask the users, if the scaling to one page deliveres acceptable
results for their projects.
If yes - fine.
If no -> either extend quickly by font size limit, revert to old strategy or
provide runtime slection of strategies.

Bye,
Achim