[Uml-devel] Installation on RedHat 8

gvanderbee at free.fr gvanderbee at free.fr
Fri Apr 16 02:03:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm a newby here, but not so much on UML description. I'm using Umbrello for
several week, starting with the 1.1.1 rpm on a RedHat 8 System. Several bugs
forced me to change to a more recent version (mainly, the lost of association
break point). Since I can't install or compile anyone of the next version, I'm
stuck with the 1.1.1.
I tried to:
  - recompile the 1.1.1 src (umbrello-1.1.1.tar.gz) -> I've got several error I
can't figure out !!
./clipboard/libclipboard.a(umldrag.o): In function
`UMLDrag::UMLDrag[not-in-charge](QPtrList<UMLObject>&,
QPtrList<UMLListViewItemData>&, QWidget*, char const*)':
umldrag.o(.text+0x23): undefined reference to `vtable for UMLDrag'
umldrag.o(.text+0x2a): undefined reference to `vtable for UMLDrag'

  - recompile 1.2 src (umbrello-1.2.1.tar.bz2)
The .configure script warned me about Qt version
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.2) (library qt-mt) not found.
Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
This update can't be done due to the system I use is for developpment, and
library can't be updated. So I have only the RH8 standard KDE version :
# rpm -qa | grep qt
wordtrans-qt-1.1pre9-10
qt2-2.3.1-8
qt-designer-3.0.5-17
qt-3.0.5-17
qt-devel-3.0.5-17
kdelibs-devel-3.0.3-8
kdebase-devel-3.0.3-13

  - recompile an intermediate version :
Woa, what the hell it's difficult to find something to deal with !! Or I missed
many many way to the truth !!
The version out of kdecvs seems to be fine ... except I can't get any access to
the cvs server ?? This is the command ligne and the error message (with no
passwd provided at prompt) :

# cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:2401/home/kde
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Well, if anyone can help me to get an updated compliant version with default
libraries shipped with rh80, please let me know. Any help is welcome !!

Thanks in advance.
Gill