[Uml-devel] Re: kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Brian Thomas brian_thomas at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 16 16:30:01 UTC 2003

Le Tuesday 16 September 2003 22:16, Oliver Kellogg a écrit :
>  > Hey Laurent,
>
>  hi
>
>  > Are you aware that this change breaks compilation
>  > for people with a pre-3.2 Qt ?
>
>  By default kde 3.2 requires now qt 3.2
>  We can't compile kdesdk without qt 3.2
>  So as it's into kdesdk we can't use qt 3.1.

	Well, I dont follow your arguement. Umbrello compiles with
	Qt 3.2 right now doesnt it? A few warning messages is about
	deprecated classes is something that I think we can live with.

	I for one DONT want umbrello to be uncompilable with qt 3.1 as
	that is the version of the library I currently have, and I dont want
	to be forced to upgrade right now while Im working on the code.
	Such an upgrade will waste several days, and may prevent me
	from meeting my development objectives this month.

	My feeling is that this sort of change, which is realtively easy to
	spot (that is, replacing deprecated classes with preferred ones),
	should take place right before, or after KDE 3.2 is released.

	Please reverse these changes.

	-b.t.

 Regards.