[Uml-devel] kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Mon Sep 15 14:11:11 UTC 2003

On Saturday 13 September 2003 16:35, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Do you remember? You added the refactoring support to Umbrello. We are now
> in feature freeze for KDE 3.2 and I like to ask you, if refactoring is
> already stable or if there are known bugs left? If there bugs or problems
> left, do you think you would be able to fix them till December 2003?

well... it's been really a while.
sorry about that, but I've been having to work 48 hrs a day for the past
months and I haven't even had time to keep up the pace with the list ( I've
read some, but not all of the traffic )

short answer is : the refactoring is NOT complete, and I will TRY to get it to
a usable state soon.
of course if someone wants to work on it I won't mind sharing the load

I'll also try to remove/disable the whole "new widget" stuff because there is
definitively no time left for that.

I just tried to get myself ready to start doing some work on umbrello, but
have some build problems:
I updated my cvs ( first time in some months now ) but it wouldn't compile
because my QT seemed to be too old..  so I got the new QT and built it, but
when I try to configure Umbrello it complains and tells me to "install the
kdelibs" ... it stops after checking if the uic has "kde support"
does this mean I need to upgrade my kdelibs ?
are they binary-compatible with kde 3.1 ? or do I have to upgrade my whole
system to build umbrello ???

any help / tips ?
thanks!

luis