[Uml-devel] nitpick: tabs vs. spaces

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Sat Sep 13 05:18:03 UTC 2003

Oliver Kellogg <Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de> [030913 14:11]:
> I notice that B.T., and perhaps others, are using spaces
> instead of tabs.
>
> A wise decision IMHO, were it not for the existing convention
> of using tabs.

Why are tabs not good?

> How do you people feel about converting everything to use
> spaces instead of tabs throughout the whole code?
>
> While we're at it, we could reduce the ridiculously large
> indentation width of 8 spaces to something smaller (perhaps
> 4 spaces or so.)

Maybe we could use some kind of indentation tool for it. I would be glad if
this tool could also wrap line length to 80 chars per line.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug Reports     : http://bugs.kde.org/
CVS             : kdesdk/umbrello on cvs.kde.org:/home/kde