[Uml-devel] Fw: *WidgetData => *Widget merge, continued

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Sep 4 12:05:53 UTC 2003

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 04:44:58PM +0200, Oliver Kellogg wrote:
> On 2003-09-03 I wrote:
> >
> > There's still one known problem - loading quanta.xmi and doing a
> > File->Close will crash umbrello. The problem here seems to be that
> > the QCanvas has some dangling widget refs, i.e. references to
> > widgets that in fact have been deallocated.
> > [...]
>
> It works for me now.
> This means that from my point of view the kdesdk-cvs umbrello
> is starting to become useable.
>
> Please everybody give it a good thrashing.
> If you have XMI files that make it crash, please send them.

It has seen a lot of work in the last few days, excellent.

And Debian now have Qt 3.2 packages so I was able to try it and it's
looking good.

Various random things:

box selection seem to be broken with the arrow (but works with other
tools!)

sequence diagrams seem to create object with random attributes
sometimes when dragging in from the tree view

directory selection dialogue on class generation wizard - ug

doesn't use language selection in code generation dialogue, only uses
the active language

java doesn't have comments on the section delimiters (fields, methods
etc).

Lots of <iostream> usage, (annoying because it breaks my nice
teambuilder cluster here:)

That's just some random quick gripes before I leave work.  It's all
looking /very/ promising.

Thanks a lot Oliver and Brian.