[Uml-devel] Re: kdesdk: umbrello compile broken

Brian Thomas brian.thomas at gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 2 14:09:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 02:14:37PM -0400, Peter Hyman wrote:
 > make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/kde/kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello'
 > g++ -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W
 > -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE
 > -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -O2 -Wformat-security
 > -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common
 > -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT
 > -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT
 > codegenerator.moc.cpp   -o codegenerator.moc
 > In file included from codegenerator.moc.cpp:11:
 > codegenerator.h:22:24: klibloader.h: No such file or directory
 > codegenerator.h:24:21: qstring.h: No such file or directory
 > codegenerator.h:25:25: qstringlist.h: No such file or directory
 > etc....
 >
 > Looks like -I... compile flags missing.

	Yep.

	I get this problem only when I patched an older version of the umbrello
	code, and then attempted to compile without cleaning out the older
	dependancies, etc. IF you lookin the .deps directory at the codegenerator
	files, you will see that klibloader, etc arent properly listed. The solution
	is the 'make clean; make distclean' and rebuild from scratch.

>  It was working for me.  Currently the Qt 3.2 requirement means I'm
 > having problems compiling anything but it still gets past the
 > directory where you're having problems.  Can anybody else compile (or
 > not) kdesdk?

	Im compiling OK now that I changed the ac configure file back to accept
	3.1 libraries.

					=b.t.