[Uml-devel] kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun Oct 5 13:14:03 UTC 2003

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 09:36:58PM +0200, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [031005 21:30]:
> > >
> > > What does the menu entry Code|"Add Default Datatypes for Language" do? I see
> > > no action when I call it.
> >
> > It adds the default datatypes for the current active language.  So if
> > you change the language from C++ to Java you can add the datatypes for
> > Java (boolean, int, float and friends).  This may well not be the best
> > way to do it.
>
> Ah well, it partly works. If no datatypes are there, it will add the
> language types. If there are allready some types I expect an action
> replacing the datatypes with the language once. Or maybe just add those who
> are not allready there.

I didn't want it to remove the ones that were already there because
they could be in use in a diagram.  Maybe it should remove the ones
which arn't used leaving any which are.  There is also the problem of
recognising which are from the active language and which have been
added by the user.  It should probably add them when the user changed
active language rather than the user having to add them explicitly.

Thinking out loud there..

Jonathan