[Uml-devel] Compiling KDE-CVS

Sriram Rajan sriram_mnm at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 13:31:03 UTC 2003

Hi ,

I have been trying to install KDE-CVS version of umbrello on my local space ( I do not have admin rights).  I finally got the installation started after installing autoconf 2.54 and automake 1.7  and adding the paths ( preceeding the /usr/bin in the PATH variable , so that these are used instead of the other automake installed on the sytem). However, I receive the following error.

*** Creating acinclude.m4
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating Makefile.am
*** Creating configure.files
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
aclocal.m4:11280: error: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required

Kindly advice me if I need to edit some files manually ( with updated paths for my autoconf) instead.

Thank you.

Sriram

Sriram Rajan , CCNA, Sun Solaris 8 certified System Administrator
Graduate Student in Computer Engineering,
Assistant Unix System Administrator, Aerospace Engineering
Mississippi State University.
Home page : http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~sr153