[Uml-devel] Bug or feature? Cant have same class appear more than once in class diagram

Brian Thomas thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu May 15 11:40:04 UTC 2003

> Luis writes:
> [snip]
> well... while I agree that this limitation doesnt make much sense, I dont
> agree in your reasons.
> after all, you can have something like:
>
>    Sentence --------------
>     |                          |
> <predicate>          <subject>
>     |                          |
>  Topic  --------------------
>
> which is --semantically- exactly the same.

	Luis,

	Yes! Youre right! I neglected/forgot about this way of
	doing it in UML (dont know where my mind is
        this week). But in your following explanation about readablity, I
	completely agree. Thanks for this clarification.

	I guess I dont feel strongly about allowing "my" way
	of diagramming the associations, but it would be nice to
	be able to do, as needed, for readability purposes.

					-b.t.

--

If you _really_ feel this strongly about the bug, you could
either try to increase the number of hours a day for all of

	- Rik van Riel explaining what to do against kernel bugs