[Uml-devel] Thoughts about U2 "tree view"

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed May 7 14:28:02 UTC 2003

Hi,

today I had some time to think about Umbrello 2. Well I came up with the
idea, that different users prefer different kind of views. So think about
the Linux Magazin article who asked for a tree view centered around
diagrams. Andy might find a really different view. And maybe some people
will also like classical tree views very much.

But every kind of view has the same function. In the end the user should
click on a line of the view and maybe a new diagram will open, a box to edit
an operation will be shown and so on. Also the right click popup menus will
be the same.

It would be really crazy to reimplement all these things every time we
create a new view (plugin). Couldn't we identify a common base for all these
views like in the code generators in U1? I would really like to have the
possibility to exchange the view by loading another plugin.

Any thoughts on that?

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/