[Uml-devel] Load/Save bug in current 1.2b CVS

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 6 09:08:06 UTC 2003

I have tried to use the 1.2beta from CVS, but when saving files, they
cannot be reloaded.
I am the only one to have this problem? I remember that somebody had
mentionned this issue some time ago.

More details, as far as I have tried to track down the problem:
1. create a class
2. Add an operation to it (any method will do: list view popup menu,
double-click on class, "new operation" in sequence diagram)
Then, it appears twice in the list view, most of the time once as a
child of the class (ok) and once as a child of the diagram.
When creating it through the popup menu in the list view, it gets added,
can be edited in place, and only when confirmed (return) it appears twice.

Then, when the diagram is saved, the additional operation appears in the
XMI file as a child listitem of the diagram too, with the same ID,
making the XMI loader to not validate the file. Actually, when loading
the file, it displays most of the objects right, then displays the error
message ("There was a problem loading file XXX", and debug message says
in loading the listitems), then removes all the objects and leaves a
blank listview with only the default set of nodes.

I have tried to figure out where it gets added for the second time, to
no avail. The number of calls to UMLClassifier::addOperation are
correct, and the nmber of signals send to UMLListView is correct too...

Maybe related: when adding a new operation, then closing the application
window, it does not ask for saving the modifications. Is there a wrongly
connected signal around I did not see?

I really would like to use the Perl code generator, the zooming, the
refactoring tool, etc....:-(

--Pascal