[Uml-devel] Building umbrello from kdesdk cvs

Oliver Kellogg Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de
Sat May 3 13:47:33 UTC 2003

Hi,

Now that the most frantic work on kdevelop adasupport is done,
I have time to look at umbrello again.

I wanted to build umbrello from the kdesdk cvs and did the
following:

* check out kde-common
* check out kdesdk/umbrello
* check out the files under kdesdk (but not the other dirs)

and then I ran "make -f Makefile.cvs" in the kdesdk dir
(using the "admin=" option to point to the kde-common/admin
location.)
Then I ran ./configure in the kdesdk dir.
However, this did not produce a configure script (or Makefile,
for that matter) in the kdesdk/umbrello dir.

Then I tried:
$ cd umbrello   # i.e. kdesdk/umbrello
$ make -f ../Makefile.cvs admin=mypath-to-kde-common/admin

and this gave:

This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** Creating acinclude.m4
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
configure.in:1: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
aclocal.m4:6952: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN is expanded from...
configure.in:1: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1

I have automake-1.7.4, autoconf-2.57, m4-1.4.

Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks alot,

Oliver