[Uml-devel] Re: Umbrello 1.1.1

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Mar 28 08:42:08 UTC 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, J. Albers wrote:

> I need your help. I'm writing on my diploma theses and I want to use umbrello
> for the UML diagrams. My problem is that I need the diagrams as EPS files. I
> print out a diagram to a file and convert the PS file to an EPS file with gs.
> That works fine but the output contains a trailer (a line and a text like
> Classdiagram ... at the end of the page). I need the diagram w/o the trailer.
> Is there a way to switch the output of the trailer off or can you add this
> function (maybe an export to EPS like the export to PNG)? It's very important
> for me and I think many other people need this too. I use dia for uml
> diagrams too, but I think umbrello is much better. A great function of dia is
> that dia can export diagrams w/o the gui only by adding a commandline option.
> Maybe umbrella can do this in the future too.

The version in KDE's CVS (kdesdk module) can export to EPS and a variety
of other image formats.

I'm not sure if a command line image export fuction would be a good idea
or not, how would you specify which diagram to export (Umbrello files
contain more than one diagram unlike Dia).  Possibly dcop could be used.
Add it to bugs.kde.org as a wishlist if you want.

Requests like this should be directed to the mailing list at
umbrello-devel at kde.org rather than directly to me.