[Uml-devel] crash in u2

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Mon Mar 24 20:19:01 UTC 2003

On Monday 24 March 2003 3:52 pm, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Now it works, after the added dep in the Makefile.am.
>
> But I have to compile the whole thing with --enable-debug=yes. If I don't
> do this, it crashes after loading the plugins, but I can't figure out why,
> because I have no debug infos. I think we will see in the future, if this
> problem remains.

hmm... certainly odd. is the last metamodel being loaded the metamodel tree?
if so, the crash may be the result of one of a couple of things. it might be
worth adding some debugging to find out... it could be:
	1. adding the menus
	2. creating the widget
	3. recursing the containment tree

i don't think it's 1 because i check returns there. it may be 2 because i
don't check some returns in the dialog constructor. i can't imagine what it
could be in 3... i'll do a rebuild w/o debugging next time on campus (it
takes 1.5 hours at home) and see if i get the same results.

andy