[Uml-devel] kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Stephen Torri storri at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 9 12:50:08 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 10:28, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> CVS commit by jriddell:
>
> Added rectangular boxes to diagrams.  Not part of UML but very useful nonetheless.

These boxes I hope can act as swimlanes. These are described below from
the text I found UML 2.0. They apply to activity diagrams so that you
can described what actions are performed by what object.

Stephen

Activity partition may be indicated with two, usually parallel lines,
either horizontal or vertical, and a name labeling the partition in a
box at one end. Any activity nodes and edges placed between these lines
are considered to be contained within the partition. Swimlanes can
express hierarchical partitioning by representing the children in the
hierarchy as further partitioning of the parent partition, as
illustrated in b), below. Diagrams can also be partitioned
multidimensionally, as depicted in c), below, where, each swim cell is
an intersection of multiple partitions. The specification for each
dimension (e.g., part, attribute) is expressed in next to the
appropriate partition set.

2nd revised submission to OMG RFP ad/00-09-02:
Unified Modeling Language: Superstructure
version 2.0
p. 278
--
Stephen Torri <storri at sbcglobal.net>