[Uml-devel] Code Generation, take 2 (fwd)

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Mar 4 13:38:04 UTC 2003

Attachment at
http://uml.sourceforge.net/developers/code-generation-model2.xmi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:48:58 -0500
From: Brian Thomas <thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov>
To: umbrello-devel at kde.org
Subject: Code Generation, take 2

	Hi all,

	Ok, given more time, I see a few problems with the last proposal (you have to cut me a
	break here.. I whipped it up in about 10 min and didnt expect JR to post it to the website!!).

	Here is my "formal" proposal (subject to revisions after comments from you all) for how I
	would change the code generation in umbrello so that you could have greater control over
	how code was generated and to some ability to edit what would be generated. These  edits
	and controling parameters should be stored in a "template" file which could be read in for
	subsequent uses of umbrello. The template file would essentially be an XML file, one for each
	UMLConcept that could be theoretically used by a code generator. A project template would
	store global code generation parameters.

	In this version of the proposal  I've cleaned up the object structure and added examples for C++.

	As before, Im willing to do the heaving lifting on this. I'd expect to try to hack it into the Umbrello
	code after version 1.2 comes out (unless people are really gungho about it).

							=b.t.

--

Intolerance is the last defense of the insecure.