[Uml-devel] objective c code generator

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Tue Jun 10 13:36:01 UTC 2003

Tobias <ibotty at web.de> [030610 23:19]:
> i just filed a wish (into bugs.kde.org), but thought, that these questions
> should be better discussed in a mailing list.
>
> i develop mainly objective c code, so i would appreciate if umbrello can also
> generate objective c code.
>
> umbrello is very nice. and it is open source (well gpl, open source?, but
> anyway), so i thought about doing it myself.

Very good idea ;-)

> unfortunately i have few to no time. so if you guys can give me some hints
> (or even code templates) on how to extend umbrello to also generate
> objective c, i could start relatively fast.

There are several examples avaible which are all based on the same code. You
can find them in Umbrello CVS. Please see the homepage
(sf.net/projects/uml) under the item CVS, how to download the latest source
code.

If you have done this you should look in the subdirectory
umbrello/umbrello/codegenerators/. I think you will figure out how it works
very fast.

Another way is to download the latest source code package. There are only
examples for C++ and Java in and you can do your work on these 2 examples as
well.

What is objective C? It isn't C#, is it?

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/