Fw: [Uml-devel] CASE tools and IDEs

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Wed Jan 29 13:31:15 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 3:48 pm, Simon Mendy wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I think my question of the last evening has put forward some interesting
> questions about what is an IDE and what  the relationship between an IDE
> and and CASE TOOL like Umbrello should be. I think too that some of you
> have misunderstood my request, By integration of Umbrello into Gideon, I
> mean the possibility of embedding Umbrello features into Gideon and not a
> merge of the two projects.

i understood your original question and its implications just fine. technical
integration is only one aspect of the problem - what's being kicked around
are reasons and rational for integration. some of us umbrello developers just
don't really believe that integrating into gideon is necessarily the right
way to go. its not that we believe it impossible or even that we dislike the
idea, its just not fitting into our goals right now - it might later on, but
then again, it may never. we'll see how it pans out.

remember, different tools for different tasks. besides, i don't even *want* to
think about this right now - there's way too much to do without it... way,
way, way too much to do.

andy