[Uml-devel] Association merge patch

Brian Thomas thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 28 06:50:06 UTC 2003

On Monday 27 January 2003 07:18 pm, Luis De la Parra Blum wrote:
> On Monday 27 January 2003 23:31, Brian Thomas wrote:
> > 	associationwidget.getRoleA() is simply a wrapper for the call:
> >
> > 	associationwidget.getData().getUMLAssociation.getRoleNameA()
>
> what is the point of having AssociationWidget and AssociationWidgetData??
> if this is only a temporarly solution (it's less work/less changes are
> needed) then it's ok. but in the long run I think there should only be
> UMLAssociation and AssociationWidget.
>
> we had already agreed that all the *WidgetData classes were evil.

	I completely agree that widgetdata classes are evil. But dropping
	them would be a major archetectural change. I assume that the 2.0
	switchover is the point where that should occur. I want to do something
	more quick, so youre right, my proposal is temporary fix for reasons
	you describe.

									=b/t.

--

  * Dr. Brian Thomas

  * Code 630.1
  * Goddard Space Flight Center NASA

  *   fax: (301) 286-1771
  * phone: (301) 286-6128

One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.