[Uml-devel] Association merge patch

Brian Thomas thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 27 14:29:04 UTC 2003

	Ok, I have done some merging of Oliver's patch with my own(attached as gziped patch file).
	Now his UMLAssociation class has attributes of "Name", "Changeability[ab]" and "visibility[ab]".
	The patch is not quite complete, Im afraid. Basically the XMI attribute UML:Association is out of sync
	with the information in UML:AssociationWidget. Basically, we can solve this issue nicely
	by syncing up associationwidgetdata class with UMLAssociation.

	I propose that associationwidgetdata class aggregate a UMLAssociation. Also, methods which
	call for attributes, ex. RoleName A, simply point to container object attributes. This means that

	associationwidget.getRoleA() is simply a wrapper for the call:

	associationwidget.getData().getUMLAssociation.getRoleNameA()

	and so on. This will greatly help the obfusticated state of the code in the associationwidget
	and associationwidgetdata classes. I am willing to do this work if people on the list agree
	they like that proposal.

	Comments?

								=b.t.

--

  * Dr. Brian Thomas

  * Code 630.1
  * Goddard Space Flight Center NASA

  *   fax: (301) 286-1771
  * phone: (301) 286-6128

One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.