[Uml-devel] Java code generator, Association role support?

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Fri Jan 17 09:12:03 UTC 2003

Andrew Sutton <ansutton at kent.edu> [030117 17:48]:
> >       I have already hacked in most of these changes, but comments are
> >       welcome. I can post diffs of my code here, or to the responsible
> >       maintainer of the code generator software as desired.
>
> wow. that's taking initative. i'd say post them to the list and they'll
> probably get worked in to rc2.

Hhm, now we are getting into trouble. If I understand it right, another idea
for improving the association stuff was made. Please remember the new
UMLAssociation class made by Oliver Kellogg, he also improved the code
generators to handle associations. I think we should try to start a
discussion which of both approaches is better. But I'm pretty sure that it
wouldn't go in the 1.1 release, because we are maybe only one week away.

I would like to suggest the following:

a) get 1.1 out in the next days
b_1) start work on 2.0
b_2) make a quick 1.2 version with a better association handling and maybe
the added phyton generator

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954