[Uml-devel] I'm a spammer :-(

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Thu Jan 16 12:58:03 UTC 2003

First of all I like to tell all of you that I'm very sorry about these
multiple mails. Unfortunally I can't do anything to stop it, because the
problem isn't on systems controlled by myself.

But I think I found the reason and yes, I'm responsible for it. Normally I
send my mails with a Reply-TO field in the header. But before I sent both
spamming messages, I removed it, because I thought it is unneccessary.

I can't really tell what happened, but sf seems to have inserted their own
Reply-To with uml-devel at sf.net as mail adress. And they also send the mail
back to my relay. But my relay didn't know what to do and sent the mail back
to uml-devel. There it gets send back to my mail relay - sf - relay - sf...

The problem is, that I don't controll my mail relay, it is gmx.de a big
freemailer like msn.

I've contacted sf and gmx to remove the mails from the queue, but that may
take some time.

I've also asked Jonathan to change the list status to moderated, so that he
can sort out the spamming till the problem is solved. I will try to set my
own mail adress at the freemailer as spammer, so that the mail gets
hopefully blocked and the circle will be broken.

If you have any idea how to solve the problem more quickly or if you know
someone at sf to fix it, please help! Feel free to hack gmx or sf, if
this solves the problem ;-)

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954