[Uml-devel] extending class import to other languages

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Wed Jan 15 15:14:03 UTC 2003

> I'll get started on a PHP parser ... the lex part should be
> pretty easy, assuming this is up to date:
>
> http://cvs.php.net/cvs.php/php-lang/c-like-syntax-spec.txt

you're not going to build it for 1.1 are you? that's almost ready for final
release, and we've been in a feature freeze for some time.

it might be worthwhile to use antlr for the grammar tool rather than (f)lex.
its still under active development and is probably the best grammar tool out
there - except that its a java program :) it generates C++ parsers though. it
also has alot better support for OO than flex (much, much, much better).

andy