[Uml-devel] reflection

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Mon Jan 13 10:51:06 UTC 2003

aha! i've finally figured out what all the reflective interfaces are really
for. its a scripting interface for OCL (object constraint language). it
allows the generic treatment of data objects such that methods can be invoked
dynamically, and attributes and references can be accessed and set
dynamically. aha. i knew there was a reason for its existence.

if we get clever, we could bind other scripting languages to it as well. hehe.
that would be interesting. perl/UML script.

anyways, i've started hacking on the MOF implementation. i'm kind of making
shit up as i go - or at least the mapping between the actual MOF and the code
i'm writing. i've sort of got stuff figured out. if i can keep it up, i
should have an impressive amount of code to contribute by next monday. maybe.

andy