[Uml-devel] Will there be Umbrello 1.2?

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Mon Jan 13 07:25:04 UTC 2003

On Monday 13 January 2003 1:50 am, BARTKO, Zoltan wrote:
> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> Will there be Umbrello 1.2?

unless i'm way off base the next version should be 2.0 which is going to be a
total rewrite.

> I am asking only because I can fancy a few features that definitely need no
> major rewrite of code and that I plan to add to the codebase (on condition
> everything  goes on well):

in 2.0, most of the stuff you're asking for should be available

> * resolving m-n type associations
as per the uml standards

> * add a postgresql code generator
if you want to write one :)

> * a documentation generator for KWord (see SoDA for Word by Rational)
this can probably be accomplished by applying a stylesheet to an XMI file - or
you could write a code generator. SoDA really, really sucked - at least the
last time i used it.

> * add deployment diagrams
as per the standards, they will exist

> * a slovak documentation (mostly ready, but I have no time to finish it
> now)
sure, why not :)

> You say you have the design of Umbrello 2.0 ready (correct me, if I'm
> wrong). I was thinking about adding database support to Umbrello (e.g.
> don't save to file, save to database), but I can't figure out how to stop
> people from overwriting their work mutually and thus from creating a mess.
> Now:

its in progress - probably about 10% complete. there's alot of work to be
done.

and yes. we've planned (to a certain extent) for a database backend. actually,
i think i've got it basically figured out.

> Thanks for reading this e-mail
>
> Have a better day than the one before was

no problem and thanks :)

andy