[Uml-devel] Umbrello2

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Wed Feb 26 09:21:01 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 11:35 am, Stephen Torri wrote:
> Are there any plans at this initial stage to start putting in the
> automake and autoconf files? Since the project is starting fresh it
> might be wise to put them in now.

i would love for there to be, but i don't know much about automake/autoconf.
besides which, most of the code that's there right now is really transitional
- most of its going to be completely re-written or go away altogether.

if somebody wants to start working on a gui framework, we could definitely
start from there - basically, it should just be a standard KDE app - i'd like
to embed ksvg for all the diagrams - it looks alot better than regular canvas
apps and good looking graphics are important to me. of course, that decision
has yet to be finalized :)

i also need a nice flexible plugin framework to dynamically load metamodels,
serialization and persistence, various features, etc...

as it is, i'm probably about a week away from starting that myself - as soon
as i get the mmgen tool done (i've actually got some of the metamodel stuff
compiling right now).

it's nice to see somebody else interested in 2.0 development :)

andy