[Uml-devel] Diagrams revisited

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Feb 24 03:40:08 UTC 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, BARTKO, Zoltan wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Please have a look at your Umbrello and tell me if I am wrong, but the
> following action seems to be non-welcome:
>
> 1. Start Umbrello.
> 2. Delete everything from the model, save into a file.
> 3. Load file
> 4. Add a diagram
>
> Do you see that approx. 30 x 80 pixel canvas?

Actually I can't recreate that one, although there are times when the
canvas isn't the correct size.  A call to  UMLView::resizeCanvasToItems()
in the right place should sort it out, if you can work out what the right
place is.

> OK, second thing:
> When I create a new model and put more diagrams in it, the view does
> not switch to the new diagram. Strange, but the toolbar does. So, to
> try this:
>
> 1. Start Umbrello or press the new button on the toolbar.
> 2. Create a use-case diagram and a class diagram (that's 2 diagrams, fully enough to show behaviour)
> 3. Go to either of the diagrams and select a tool that is not available in the other diag. (this is only for error demonstration purposes). Let it be the class tool in the class diag.
> 4. Make a class in the class diag
> 5. Try to switch to the other diag (via listview or Diagrams->Show).
>
> Now you see that the class diag is still there, nothing changed but the toolbar.

I don't see that one either, the diagrams change as they should for me.
Can anyone confirm?

In related news the toolbar on the right doesn't empty itself when all
diagrams are deleted.

> I had a look at the code, but sometimes I couldn't understand it, so I
> guess I will start with adding comments to the lines...

That's the way to do it
kdDebug() << k_funcinfo << endl;
is your friend, kde-emacs.el has a keymapping to do it automatiaclly.