[Uml-devel] libcodegenerator.la

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Feb 18 14:46:06 UTC 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 21:24, Mathias Meyer wrote:
> One question though: are you planning on making that plugin factory more
> dynamic? i.e. no more adding new plugins to factory.cpp and recompile.
> Because that's exactly what I have to cope with in my diploma.

you have to add the generator to "our" factory.cpp and recomplie only if you
want to have your generator *in*  "our standard library" (libcodegenerator)

you could also put your generagors in a library called "my_super_lib".
of course you also need a Factory in that library, but you dont need to modify
umbrello at all. you can compile your lib, distribute it, and someone else
can just put it into their dirs and umbrello will pick it up without needing
to recompile anything.

luis

... but yes... we will try to make it more "dynamic"... if we find the tieme