[Uml-devel] debugging umbrello

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Feb 11 13:14:09 UTC 2003

hi all,
I am experimenting a little with umbrello, but I'm having some problems and
need to use a debugger to see what's making it crash...

I always used the debugger in KDevelop before, but now it doesnt work anymore
( I guess the kdevelop project got broken with the import into KDE CVS). When
I try to set a breakpoint in the sources I see a "pending add breakpoint file
xyz.cpp" message
and when I start the program in the debugger I always get the message "file
/path/to/file/xyz.cpp does not exist" (but the files DOES exist!), and so I
cannot add any breakpoints and my program just keeps crashing.

I've tried adding  a million debug messages but it just keeps crashing so
I*really* need a debugger.

I've also tried DDD but I dont really know how to use it. It seems to have
problems with the "executable" ./umbrello being just a wrapper script around
./libs/umbrello  and refuses to open it.
If I tell DDD to open .libs/umbrello (the real executable) I get an error
saying "file /home/luis/init.c not found" (no idea where it gets that
path/file from)

so.... is anyone outthere using a debugger on umbrello? which one? how did you
set it up? any tips?????

thanxs

luis