[Uml-devel] news on 2.crap

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Sun Feb 9 13:27:03 UTC 2003

On Thursday 06 February 2003 4:11 pm, Andrew Sutton wrote:
> just kidding. i have good news :)

even better news now. after busting my ass the last 3 days, i've restructured
the build environment, finalized most of the design work for adapting
interfaces to the RefPackage, RefAssociation and RefFeatured (from JMI),
implemented some of the standard MOF association extents, most of MOF's
outermost extent (Model::PackagePackage), and have finished about 30% of all
the required implementations - at least as much as i know to implement. net
result is 154 src files, about 11,000 lines of code and a nice nested (albeit
mostly empty) directory structure.

bad news:
	- still alot to implement
	- haven't tested anything - it just compiles
	- not using automake/autoconf right now (i will probably need some help with
that - i've never done this before)
	- directory structure might change
	- omg 2.0 standards somewhere on the horizon and nobody's a member (this
might mean massive rewrites, unless we can think of a way to handle
versioning really nicely).
	- code doesn't actually do anything right now, just compiles into shared libs
	- some other stuff that i can't bring myself to about right now
	- desparately needs better/more thorough documentation

anyway, i guess i'm getting ready create a new module (umbrello2) on sf - if i
can figure out how to do it in the next hour. i'm also going to be presenting
some architectural about 2.0 information tomorrow in a research meeting so
i'll post my presentation on my web page - its going to be very, very short.

but, its a good start. next week: XMI and finishing big chunks of the MOF. i
hope.

andy