[Uml-devel] Copy and Paste

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Dec 20 07:23:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 02:45:00PM +0100, Gerold J. Wucherpfennig wrote:

> one thing is really missing in umbrello.
> Copy and Paste between different umbrello documents.
> (Right now it's impossible to merge (e.g.) class diagrams of different
> documents.)

It is possible with diagrams that do not have Model object (i.e. they
don't have anything representing them in the tree view).  Activity
diagrams and state diagrams for example should copy fine between
umbrello instances.

With diagrams like class diagrams you can try but there's a couple of
problems.  Only the diagram items copy but because there's no internal
model object it doesn't get pasted in.  If you copy the class from the
list view, paste that into your other diagram then copy the canvas
items it works fine, apart from the separate problem that you can't
currently copy attributes and operations etc.

I'll look at what bugs.kde.org entries we have for this and open new
ones as appropriate.

Thanks for your feedback

Jonathan