[Uml-devel] Re: Uml-devel digest, Vol 1 #739 - 11 msgs

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Tue Dec 16 01:24:01 UTC 2003

Hi Oliver,
thanks for the quick response!

The problem is now fixed for a great part of cases.
The last problematic case is the move of classes which contain other classes
as member variable. One of my worst-case classes has four different classes
( all in the diagram ), so that it has four diamonds.

As soon as you found the reason for the double call of
LinePath::calculateHead(), my real problem should vanish completely.

Clarification to my last post:
When I wrote:
----------------
> As long as the move of a class or note doesn't trigger the recalculation of
> connections, everything is very quick.
----------------
I meant:
If the move of the class diagram element causes:
+ changed intersection with class symbol and lines
+ change of lines to/from the moved class symbol get
   new crossings with other lines and diagram symbols

--> as long as a class symbol is move in free space where
      none of the previous conditions is given, the CPU load
      keeps low
     ( as long as lines to/from class symbol don't intersect
       with other elements, they are aslo moved quick )

Thanks,
Achim