Forward: Re: [Uml-devel] Fw: *WidgetData => *Widget merge, continued

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun Aug 31 09:06:08 UTC 2003

Attachment at
http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/umbrello/oliver-kellog-UMBDIF.GZ

----- Forwarded message from Oliver Kellogg <Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de> -----

From: Oliver Kellogg <Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de>
To: jr at jriddell.org
Cc: seb.stein at hpfsc.de
Subject: Re: [Uml-devel] Fw: *WidgetData => *Widget merge, continued
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:40:59 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

Well, for the next KDE meeting I'm definitely going to plan
some more time. One and a half days is just not enough..

Anyway, I've carried on with the WidgetData cleanup.
I am now at the point where the crude work is basically done.
Old and new XMI files load and display correctly (tried
umbrello.xmi and quanta.xmi.) By "new" I mean to say, I've
activated the load/save of UMLAssociation. In the new format,
the UML:AssocWidget makes reference to the UML:Association,
which reduces some data duplication.

However, there's still quite a few new problems introduced by the
refactoring, mostly related to adding/deleting widgets and use of
the clipboard, which I'm now looking into.

FYI, here's a diff of my work relative to kdesdk cvs of 2003-08-12.
This is just to let you see where I'm moving.
My next step - imminent right after sending this mail - is to do a
cvs update and clean out any conflicts.

As to the Sep-1 freeze tomorrow, I'd say my stuff isn't stable enough
for a cvs commit just yet - but I believe I can straighten out the
most blatant problems by Sep-4.

Best regards

Oliver

P.S. Feel free to forward this mail to uml-devel.  I'm just sending it
to you personally because of the large binary attachment.

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Attachment at
> http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/umbrello/oliver-kellog-widget-data-refactor.dif
> f.gz
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Oliver Kellogg <Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de> -----
>
> From: Oliver Kellogg <Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de>
> To: umbrello-devel at kde.org
> Subject: *WidgetData => *Widget merge, continued
> Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 20:51:54 +0200
> Sender: umbrello-devel-admin at kde.org
>
> Hi,
>
> I've merged most of the WidgetData classes into the corresponding
> Widget classes.
> This unclutters the design and opens the door for getting rid
> of the synchronizations, which I am working on right now.
>
> The appended diff removes all uses of the following classes -
>
>  ActivityWidgetData ActorWidgetData ArtifactWidgetData
>  BoxWidgetData ClassWidgetData ComponentWidgetData
>  FloatingTextdata InterfaceWidgetData MessageWidgetData
>  NodeWidgetData NoteWidgetData ObjectWidgetData
>  PackageWidgetData StateWidgetData UMLViewData
>  UsecaseWidgetData
>
> (The AssociationWidgetData is up next.)
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oliver Kellogg
> /tmp/UMB-DIFF.GZ is not a Word Document.
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----

/tmp/UMBDIF.GZ is not a Word Document.

----- End forwarded message -----